The Hospital Loan Cupboard
(604) 885-2224 Ext: 4204 • 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday (except stat holidays)
We welcome new volunteers
- All Loan Cupboard volunteers are members of the Sunshine Coast Healthcare Auxiliary.
- Call to find out more about us.
- Message can be left on the Loan Cupboard voice mail 24/7.
- The Loan Cupboard provides residents of the Sunshine Coast with hospital type equipment for short term loan, free of charge.
- The short term loan of medical equipment often facilitates early discharge from hospital, may prevent unnecessary hospitalization by assisting patients to remain in their home and helps keep community patients safe and independent in their homes.
- It also enables people to “test drive” equipment before making a purchase.
- The Loan Cupboard is staffed by trained volunteers.
- loaning equipment which includes arranging the loan, taking all pertinent information and thoroughly cleaning all returned equipment.
- repair/maintenance where volunteers ensure that the equipment is safe and in good condition.
- The Loan Cupboard was started in 1963 with 6 pieces of equipment. Today there are more than 750 items on the inventory.
- While the equipment is loaned for free, there are some expectations:
- The loan is short term – 2 months- (An extension of 2 months may be issued on request)
- The equipment will be returned in good condition and in a timely manner.
- The borrower is responsible for picking up and returning the equipment to the hospital.
- The borrower will notify the Loan Cupboard of change of phone number and/or address.
Equipment on Inventory: