Enhancing Healthcare on the Sunshine Coast
Granting Program Process
- Sunshine Coast Healthcare Auxiliary appoints members to the Granting Committee and approves granting budget for the year.
- Agencies/organizations are invited to submit applications to the Granting Committee.
- Applications are reviewed by the Granting committee and decisions are made re those applicants who will be declined at this point.
- Letters will be sent to those groups immediately.
- Agencies/organizations whose grants are being considered will be invited to make a presentation directly to the members of the Granting Committee if they so choose.
- Granting Committee will make decisions re applicants that will be funded.
- Applications that are not approved for funding will be notified.
- Those applications that are approved for funding will be advised. Some grants may be for less than requested.
- Once approval has been granted, we will arrange for delivery of a cheque.
- A report must be submitted detailing the outcomes of the project by the start of the next granting cycle (end of February). Include photos, participant statements and copies of promotional materials. Any excess grant funds must be returned SCHA.
- Applications are due by Feb 28th each year and can be submitted by mail to PO Box 917, Sechelt, V0N 3A0 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Granting Committee.
WHAT WE WILL FUND
- Initiatives that have a health benefit for the residents of the Sunshine Coast.
- Initiatives that are available without discrimination (race, religion, sex, age,marital status or ability).
- Programs that are specifically for target populations are acceptable.
- An amount up to 10% of the grant amount for administration costs associated with undertaking a project.
- Organizations/Groups that have charitable status or are sponsored by an Organization/Group with charitable status.
- Grants are to a maximum of $10,000.
WHAT WE WILL NOT FUND
- Ongoing operational expenses of established organizations or services.
- Wages or salaries of those other than those specified to the project.
- Operating or capital deficits.
- Projects/Programs that do not have a demonstrated health benefit.
- Projects/Programs that do not benefit those on the Sunshine Coast.
- Conference or travel expenses.