Limited re-opening of the Loan Cupboard
Due to Covid-19 restrictions the Sunshine Coast Healthcare Auxiliary Loan Cupboard is able to provide limited service only.
The health and safety of our clients and volunteers is important to us. We have new policies and procedures in place and ask for your patience in observing them.
Clients and patients are not to come to the Loan Cupboard. The Loan Cupboard is located in a restricted access area of the Sechelt Hospital and is out of bounds.
To order equipment:
- Phone the Loan Cupboard at 604-885-2224, extension 4204
- Leave a message stating name and phone number
- List the items to be borrowed
- A volunteer will return the call by the next business day
- An appointment for pick up will be made
- Pick-up area – outside the hospital cafeteria door between 12 and 2 PM Monday to Friday
- The volunteer will give directions on how to get to the pick-up area
- Clients and patients will not be able to enter the building
- Be there on time, volunteer will not be able to wait for more than a couple of minutes
- If the appointment is missed the client will need to phone and rebook
To return used equipment:
- Take the items to the entrance to the old part of the hospital known as the South Wing, across from the doctor’s parking area, where a tent is set up
- Leave the equipment at the entrance way
- Do not enter the hospital
- Do not drop Loan Cupboard items to any other locations.
The Loan Cupboard volunteers are happy to be back and thank you for your understanding during these difficult times.
This service is made possible by the Sunshine Coast Healthcare Auxiliary.