Another flippin’ success..
Halfmoon Bay Branch hosted another successful Pancake Breakfast the morning of July 14 at the Halfmoon Bay Country Fair. 400 sausages were cooked and about the same number of pancakes flipped so that over 200 people could enjoy a hearty breakfast. Bob Gray and Greg Gehring were the chefs extraordinaire on the day, cooking & flipping delicious pancakes while Jen Gray kept the sausages sizzling. All this could not be achieved without the generous donations from community vendors and all the auxiliary volunteers who sought donations, pre-cooked sausages, organized the accompanying food and drinks, arranged table decorations, acted as cashiers, waited tables and all the other behind the scenes operations that went to make the day a great success.
A big thank you to the organizations who donated the food, drinks, condiments, plates, cutlery, cups & glasses:
- McDonalds & Starbucks for Coffee and cups
- IGA for pancake mix and syrup
- Claytons for pork sausages
- Butcher’s Block for pork sausages
- Your Independent Grocer for a gift certificate for fresh berries
- Halfmoon Bay General Store for Cremo and Milk
- IDA Drug Mart for paper plates, plastic cutlery and plastic glasses
- Sodexo for butter, apple juice and orange juice
It was not without its stressful moments – not least when Darlynne Gehring sent the reminder letter for donations and got the memo “What sausages?” from Dave Richardson at the Butcher’s block, after a heart stopping minute followed by “Just kidding – they’ll be ready, what day you want them picked up”.
But above all – a big THANK YOU to all the Auxiliary volunteers who helped make this popular event in the community so successful. It couldn’t be done without you!