The Sunshine Coast Healthcare Auxiliary supports residents of both
Totem Extended Care and Shorncliffe in a variety of ways.
- Through fundraising, we have been able to provide a bus for community outings that is shared by both facilities. This vehicle enhances the residents lives as they are able to go on lunch outings, sightseeing tours and attend community parades or functions. Our dedicated, volunteer members also accompany the residents on these lunch outings and scenic tours, to be available as an extra pair of helping hands.
- Within both facilities, the auxiliary supports the activity co-ordinators with a small monthly donation of extra funds that can be used at their discretion.
- They also receive funds to offer music programmes, which provide great enjoyment for all.
- Since many residents are still able to enjoy gardening activities, extra funds are made available to promote this activity.
- Sometimes large purchases are made for a new television or the residents own washer/dryer to help maintain their independence.
- Other needs are sometimes brought to the Auxiliary as a special request. Examples of this would be recumbent tubs, special calming mattresses or several ‘Broda’ rocking wheelchairs.
- Our many wonderful, volunteer members perform numerous other considerations for the residents.
- These range from hairdressing and nail care , monthly birthday celebrations, summer barbeques, to the annual Christmas stockings for each resident.
- The auxiliary is proud to ensure that our seniors continue to enjoy as full a life as possible, within our care facilities.