The Sunshine Coast Healthcare Auxiliary is pleased to announce that we have established a Granting Program to Enhance Healthcare on the Coast. Each year we will budget an amount equal to a percentage of the previous year’s income to provide small grants to fund Healthcare initiatives.
- Only requests in writing will be considered using the Auxiliary’s Application Format mailed to: Sunshine Coast Healthcare Auxiliary, Granting Program, PO Box 917, Sechelt, BC. V0N 3A0
- Requests must include:
- Agency/organization name
- Name of person responsible for the funds
- Item/service name and description (picture if available).
- Purpose of the item/service, in layman’s terms.
- Value to the patient/client/community.
- Rationale/reason for request.
- Estimated costs will not include installation, if required
- A report must be submitted within one year of funding outlining the use/value of the funding.
Process for Approval
- Requests will be invited for submission, annually, due Apr 1st.
- The Board President will appoint a Review Panel for a two year term.
- The Review Panel will consist of the 2nd Vice President of the Board, a branch chair and a member-at-large of the auxiliary.
- Requests should be for the enhancement of healthcare services on the Coast.
- Using the criteria as determined by the Board, the panel will review the applications, prioritize them and submit their recommendations for approval to the Board
- Not all requests will be funded and some may be for less than asked.
- Approved requests for funding will be fulfilled during the year in which the application was made and a final report submitted when funds have been used.
- When approval is granted, funds will be issued when an invoice is submitted to The Treasurer, Sunshine Coast Healthcare Auxiliary, PO Box 917, Sechelt, BC. V0N 3A0.
- Programs/Services will not be funded on an ongoing basis. A new application must be submitted every year and will be considered together with all other requests based on current priorities.